The new stores will offer customers a full grocery selection, as well as a full service pharmacy and a wide variety of general merchandise. The size of each store will be between 80,000 and 120,000 square feet:
- Factoria Mall- Walmart opened a new store in the Factoria Mall space once occupied by Mervyn’s. The space has been vacant for five years. The new store includse a full-range of general merchandise and expanded fresh food consisting of frozen foods, deli meats and produce.
Bellevue – Factoria Walmart Store Fact Sheet
- Kelsey Creek- Walmart opened a new Neighborhood Market in a long-vacant Kelsey Creek Center space once occupied by Kmart. The space has been unused for more than a decade. Walmart Neighborhood Markets focus primarily on grocery and everyday merchandise. The new store features a wide variety of products and services, including: fresh produce, meats and dairy products, frozen foods, dry goods and staples, deli foods, bakery items, canned and packaged goods, condiments and spices, pet supplies, a drive-through pharmacy and one-hour photo processing.
Bellevue – Kelsey Creek Walmart Store Fact Sheet
The new Walmarts bring benefits like:
- Charitable partnerships In 2010, Walmart stores, Sam’s Club locations and the Walmart Foundation gave more than $11.9 million in cash and in‐kind donations to local organizations in the communities they serve in the state of Washington. Through additional funds donated by customers, and Walmart and Sam’s Club associates throughout the state, the retailer’s contribution in Washington totaled more than $12.9 million.
- Fresh produce at reasonable prices. Walmart is committed to ending food deserts in the communities it serves. WA residents would have access to fresh produce, at reasonable prices, to feed their families.
- Economic growth On the state level, Walmart employs nearly 18,000 residents. In FYE 2011, Walmart spent $2.5 billion for merchandise and services with 743 suppliers in the state. As a result of Walmart’s relationship with these suppliers, Walmart supports 99,672 supplier jobs in Washington.
- Job opportunities The store created approximately 125 quality jobs for associates and additional temporary workers during the store’s construction. Walmart is committed to promoting from within, demonstrated by the fact that nationally, nearly 75 percent of the Walmart store management team started in hourly positions.
The Bellevue Report
- Customers React to the New Neighborhood Market
- Learn More About the New Neighborhood Market in Bellevue
- Get to Know the New Pharmacist at the Bellevue Walmart
- Bellevue Walmart Gets Produce from Local Farmers
- Bellevue Becomes Washington’s First Neighborhood Market
June 22, 2012
- Walmart to Hire 90 Associates for Kelsey Creek Neighborhood Market in Bellevue
May 2, 2012
- More Jobs, Affordable Prices Coming to Bellevue
January 11, 2012
- More Affordable Grocery Options Coming to Bellevue’s Kelsey Creek Center
January 5, 2012
- Walmart to Open First Neighborhood Market in Washington Bellevue on Friday
- First of Two Walmart Stores Opening This Week in Bellevue
- Walmart Comes to Bellevue’s Little Detroit
- Critics of Bellevue Walmart Need to Face Facts
- Walmart says two new stores will pump $6 million annually into local economy